It was fun using the Smartboard in class today. I wish I could have used my original site, but it definitely taught me that teaching requires flexible moments. I liked the overall idea of my activity in class, but I did not like the layout of the activity. It was too small, and needed to be more visually appeasing to the audiance. Junior High students like fun and excitement. It was new but it was not very fun and exciting.
I did grab some ideas from the other presentations though. People used bright colors with active movements. In addition, I liked the idea of theming games to relevant activities in their lives. Whether it is sports, music, friends, cars, movies, or celebreties, I believe students learn best when they can relate to and associate the learning material with something they know.
I hope I get to use a Smartboard in a classroom someday, but it will probably be a while for most inner city students to have them in the classroom. Until then, I will strive to use other forms of technology within the classes I teach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment