http://gutenberg.net/ This is a website that offers free e-books to anyone interested. It would be extremely beneficial to teachers to use for referencing a short section of a book rather than the whole text. In addition, it could help give students with little or no money access to books, an opportunity to receive books with little or no effort whatsoever. It also provides parents with free access to what their children are reading, and can help give students an idea of what they would like to read during free time.
http://literacytimeline.org/ This website provides a historical timeline of books written throughout history. It goes from ancient BC to the present. You can access the main ideas of these books and see their chronological importance throughout history.
http://www.shakespeareglobeusa.org/ This site gives insight into the life of William Shakespeare. It also provides information on all the works he has written. They are organized according to tragedies and comedies. After these, there are random works he has also written. It could be a good research reference for both the teacher and the student.
http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/557/01/ This website allows the viewer to see the MLA format written in a variety of ways. It goes through various examples of how to cite, write, and format a research paper. This could prove helpful to both students and the teacher.
I can use these sites for my own use when I try to write curriculum. In addition, I can collaborate with other teachers on sites for a specific topic. The more I can borrow from experienced teachers, the better in my opinion. Yes, I want to teach with my style and voice, but having something to work off always helps. I can also reference my students to an account like this, and have them create similar collaborations for further research.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, these sites are awesome! I really like the first site you mentioned, gutenberg.net. This can be used in any class for referencing. I am going to be teaching social studies, so being able to show the class different sections of books or having them look parts up on their own time would save a lot money. Or using this site to look up information for projects would be fun as well. I also liked the literacy timeline site. While studying certain eras, it would be cool to show different literature throughout that time. For us visual people, actually seeing the text rather than just being read to would be very helpful. Thanks!
ReplyDelete