This was an interesting article. I did not even know that a flip video camera existed:) Whoops:) It just prooved to me how valuable it is to ask around for what the latest technology is. I know that with working in innercity schools the students could probably not individually have one of these, but there could be one per classroom. I loved the possible uses listed for the camera within a classroom setting as well. Not all of them are practical in every setting, but it just shows how one camera can capture such a variety of activities and lessons within a given classroom.
I did not fully agree with a statement made, however. The statement, "Videos just get the job done so much better than mere words" seems rather contraversial to me. I think both are needed. Maybe that is the English teacher coming out in me, but I do not think so. Each person learns differently. Some learn visually while others are auditory learners. Still others are kinesthetic learners. Videos can capture most of these learning styles, but they mostly capture visual. They are needed and are very effective, especially in our media centered world today, but words from people in regular conversation, debate, or questioning are needed as well. Again, there must be a balance. One over the other is not as effective. My challenge, however, is finding that Goldi Lox principle. Hmmmmm. What is too hot and what is too cold? Maybe then I can find what's just right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment