Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Grade Source... is awesome:)

Three of the best features of this software are the...
1) assessment section
2) attendance access
3) the fact that it can contain various students and can contact them by e-mail

As a teacher, it was extremely easy to learn once I got into it. Just by looking at it, it did not seem like much, but once I got involved in using the software I realized there was a huge variety of options and functions the software offers. I especially loved how organized, mathmatical, and to the point it was.

As a student, as long as the students knew how to identify themselves and had access to a computer it would be great. It may not be the most practical way of access for the school I am student teaching at, but it would be helpful in the e-mail portion. In addition, I like how the students can access their grades.

It might be nice if it could have the overall assessment of grading like it does, but if it could individualize those sections into individual assignments. Sometimes the students want to know specific assinment grades. Not to mention, it would be nice if teachers could leave comments to the students alongside the grades.

I would recommend this software to other students because it seems like a helpful way to keep things organized and communicate to the students where they are at. However, I would not suggest this software to inner city teachers to push on students because many students cannot access the material. It would be nice for the inner city teachers to have, but not to expect of their students.

No comments:

Post a Comment