I was talking to my mom today and we got to discussing the internet. In our discussion she asked me: What if Google never existed? Gulp. That would not be good. That would really not be good. It is amazing how much we take for granted when it comes to technology.
But I thought about it... really thought about it. That means no help for papers. That means no automatic answers ( or at least automatic attempted answers). That means no free lesson plan access or quick search for a definition of a special need. No Google sounds fairly frightening.
I am glad it is here... but I wonder if the people around the time it was first invented... I wonder if they were glad it was there or if they backed away from it like most of us back away from technology.
Just wonder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Annie it doesn't surprise me that you would have a thought like this.:) Jeez! NO GOOGLE! What am I gonna do for research? Or how will I find directions? Or use images? That is an interesting thought. It is interesting because it is probably frightening to us because we grew up with the internet and google. On the other hand our parents never really had that resource in school. I think the nice thing about google now is that as an "internet surfer" you know what characterizes a credible website or one that is not.
ReplyDelete