Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Reflection #7: A Way to Find cheap computers...

In a Special Needs conference I was at, I got to talk with some students on a panel. One of the girls in the panel did not have a lot of money, but she needed a computer to help her with her schoolwork. She told me about a place in Seattle that she went to that fix up computers that are five years or older. She did not remember the name of the place, but she is e-mailing me the name.

I guess I am writing this because she got this computer for only $40. That is pretty cheap for a well working, 5 year computer. Granted, this is not the latest technology, but this would certainly help students within an inner city or low budget school. That is pretty cheap technology that could provide help for students that may not have the time for going to the library or an overbooked computer lab. These places do exist! Just a little hope:)

1 comment:

  1. Annie, that's great!
    i also want to teach in an inner city school and i know that many of the students have an issue with computer availability and this limits the teacher and the activities she can assign. however, if it's possible to get a computer for $40 - one that works, that would eliminate so many problems and stress. - that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete