Well considering I have written 35 blogs and I never even wrote a blog before this semester, I feel pretty accomplished:) But seriously, I feel like I have learned so much over the past semester, it almost seems unreal. Granted, I didn't know that much about technology going into it (except music), but I have learned so much information about so many technologies.
I know I am going to have to keep practicing some of this stuff in order to remember details of how to do things, but that shouldn't be too hard because a lot of this is actually pretty fun. I want to continue working on my website and continue working on creating some podcasts.
I really can say now that I believe technology has a place within the classroom. There are so many useful tools that 1) the teacher can use to keep them organized, 2) the teacher can use to interact with the class, 3) the class can use to interact with one another, and 4) the class can use on an individual basis to reflect and comment. This covers a broad spectrum of activities that can be done in the classroom.
I hope someday that more inner city schools will have things like smartboards and more video cameras, but until then I look forward to introducing material on document cameras, podcasts, forums, music libraries, music selected by the students, videos, and varieties of the kinds of technologies we can use. I know that technology connects with students, and I do not want to throw away opportunities to connect with the students in my classroom. Wow! I can't believe I am saying this. When I first began the semester, I was terrified of technology. Now I am looking for ways to use it, connect with it, and incorporate it into my classroom.
Thank you for a great semester of learning:) It was extremely valuable!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment